, September 26th, 2013 | Health
| 0 Comments
Parents worry a lot about what their children eat — whether or not they eat too much or too little, or whether they are eating the right foods to get the proper nutrition for their growing bodies. While there is no absolutely right or wrong way to deal with food issues in a family situation, these recommendations may help smooth the way when serving nutritious meals to a pint-sized, picky eater.
- Serve regular meals and snacks.
- Let your child come to the table hungry and leave satisfied.
- Serve age-appropriate servings.
- Introduce a variety of foods.
- Serve an unpopular food with a popular one.
- Allow moderate amounts of fat in kids’ meals.
- Remember that parents are gatekeepers, but should expect struggles if they try to make a child eat a particular food.
- Don’t short-order cook.
- Be sure your child is getting enough of vitamins A and C (fruits and vegetables).